6 GIFs From “The Office” That Sum Up Why You Should Come to The Honors Journal Release Event
The 2017 Honors Journal Release Event takes place on Saturday, April 29, 2017 in the British Studies Room (located on the 5th floor of Norlin Library). The event lasts from 2:00 – 4:30PM and it is the culmination of a year of work by Honors Journal editors to solicit, review and publish some of the best undergraduate work across CU’s campus, from nearly every field of study.
6 GIFs from The Office that SUM UP why YOU Should Come:
1. Because You LOVE appreciating art.
Artwork from this year’s Honors Journal as well as other artwork from featured artists will be on display for the duration of the release event.
2. The Amazing Student Speakers
Here is a list (not found elsewhere) of students speaking at the Release Event:
- Tyler Schad
- Kai Kresek
- Ellery Cohn
- Caitlin Galiz-Rowe
- Tolu Obiwole
- Kate Gregory
- David Waite
- Alex Nguyen
- Maiji Castro
These are some amazing student speakers and it will be an opportunity that you do not want to miss!
3. The Live Music?!
Dr. Daniel Jones (Honors Program Faculty) and his band, Standard Deviations, will be performing live for the reception portions of the event.
4. Because You LOVE food.
Who doesn’t love free food?
5. Because it’s the last weekend before FINALS.
The 2017 Honors Journal Release Event is on Saturday, April 29th. This is the weekend before finals start.
Or you can could enjoy some free food, live music, student speakers, and awesome artwork?
6. BECAUSE ITS GOING TO BE AMAZING!
The Release Event itself is divided into three main segments:
- The first hour of the event (2-3PM) is a time to mingle, view featured artwork, snack on hors d’oeuvres, and listen to live music from Standard Deviations, Dr. Daniel Jones’ Band.
- Featured speakers will speak from about 3-4PM.
- More time for food, music and artwork for the rest of the event (4:30PM).
Feel free to attend any and/or all of the individual parts of the Release Event.
Saturday, April 29th 2:00PM-4:30PM. British Studies Room.